Stance & Maintenance
The Proper Stance in Archery:
Put the tip of your toes against an imaginary straight line towards the centre of the target.
Put your feet on both sides of the line.
Put your feet about shoulder's width apart.
Try and relax.
POST SEASON BOW MAINTENENCE TIPS
1. Wipe down your bow with a damp cloth to remove any dust or mud.
2. Lubricate any rusted parts with quality gun oil.
3. Wax the string and any synthetic cables or harness.
4. Replace any worn or damaged parts, including strings and cables.
5. Most importantly, store your bow in its case in a cool dry place, never in the garage or attic. (Heat is extremely damaging to bow components, and will severely shorten string life.)
6. Now is also the time to inventory your arrows, not the week before the next opening day. Bring your arrows to Chag’s to have them checked for straightness; eliminate any broken or bent arrows, then store them where they are protected, especially the fletchings. Also, replace the blades on any broadheads that have been dulled by shooting them.
Call us or come in if you need further advice on archery...
We Ship Anywhere
Mon - Thurs: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm Fri:9:00 am - 8 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Sunday: Close